Saturday, 19 January 2013

The rest of 2012...

I've nearly completed the catch up for last year at long last and promise to be more efficient  in 2013 so here's the news from November and December last year..

November 2012



 These four flat dolls were the one's that the girls completed after the October meeting. Because I'm really rubbish at remembering who made which one's I only know that the mermaid was made by Karen. Girls I'm sorry - I really promise to get better at remembering who made what!! In fact I'll take notes next time! And even though I've turned the picture on the right the right way round on my computer so have no idea why it's back on it's side again!










This beautiful Gypsy doll is made by our wonderful Shashi who is incredibly talented. The close up of the dolls face below shows the face detail much better and proves that the face of a doll can really give an insight into the character of the doll. To me she looks almost wistful and yet obviously enjoying her Gypsy dance.



Another one of Shashi's amazing creations and again the close up picture below shows the amount of beading and detail that has gone into making this wonderful doll.








Judith was still working on her flat doll in October. I have to say that  in this picture it looks a bit like an alien - sorry Judith!!










She looks much less like an alien when you see the whole picture complete with curly wire hair. I thinks she's absolutely fabulous.


Mavis brought this rather scary man along. She made him using the bound or wound cord method - I know that's not what it's really called but for the life of me cannot remember it's proper name. It's when something is bound round with another textile, wool or string to give a long rope which is then wound round something and attached to itself to make up a 3D character. Anyway we were all intrigued with this little character so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar doesn't turn up at some point in the future. 


Karen was still working on a miniature teddy from a previous meeting. It was made from orange mohair and had the biggest feet I've ever seen in a miniature teddy, but she did have fun trying to turn the legs inside out as it wasn't an easy job. I think she had her tongue stuck out because she was concentrating so hard - or maybe because we were all giggling at her struggles to turn them right side out. She managed in the end and it turned out brilliantly!







 December 2012

And last but not least we had our last meeting of the year on December 29th. As Karen put in the email to us all prior to this meeting

PARTEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!

 Yep, each year we have a Christmas party. And okay there was no alcohol or dancing but there was lots of food, non alcoholic drinks, fun, laughter and good company, and even a little crafting along the way!!

Anyway I think I've talked too much for this post already so please just enjoy the pictures below and think about coming along to meet with us. We're a friendly group....







 

No comments: